The Bright Side
Hogan Personality Inventory
The Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) predicts every-day behaviour surfacing from normal personality. It is designed to be a non-intrusive assessment that describes how your candidates are likely to be perceived by others. This is often used to identify natural skills that translate into job performance to highlight key strengths and likely areas that may require effort to be successful in specific roles. Understanding how individuals are likely to perform day to day is the first essential step in the assessment process for recruitment, talent selection and career or succession planning.
The HPI was the first inventory developed specifically for business using the Five-Factor Model. This Hogan personality assessment includes 49 scales that enables organisations to measure and predict behaviour accurately, resulting in a highly reliable prediction of job performance and fit indicator against needed role and organisational competencies and behaviours. As a result, participant feedback can target key insights to create self-awareness and value to the organisation.
Organisations around the world are increasingly using the HPI as a core personality assessment tool to support recruitment and people development initiatives such as coaching, succession, career planning, restructuring, emerging talent and leadership development programmes.
- Career Pathing.
- Promotion and Succession Planning.
- Individual Development and Coaching.
- Team Development.
- A measure of normal personality used to predict job performance based on the 5 factor model.
- Normed on over 500,000 working adults globally and validated against all major industries.
- Multiple language on-line test items and instant report output with 24hr availability.
- No invasive question items, no adverse impact, validated in over 100 organisations on working adults.
- 15- to 20-minute completion time.
- Validated on more than 200 occupations covering all major industries.
- No invasive or intrusive items.
- A modern tool specifically developed for business measuring core personality characteristics.
- A tool that can be applied tactically and strategically across an organisation for all levels.
- Flexible implementation across international boundaries with various report options.
- A trusted and reliable tool, known for scientific rigour.
- No adverse impact.
The HPI has 7 primary scales and 42 subscales. Data is presented in terms of percentiles, where scores indicate the proportion of the population scoring similar or lower than the assessment candidate. Interpretation of the HPI results is job specific. Scales and score ranges that support success in one role may be counter-productive in another role.
|Scale Name||Low Scores tend to be||High Scores tend to be|
Open to feedback, candid and honest, moody and self critical
Calm, steady under pressure, resistant to feedback
Good team player, willing to let others lead, complacent
Energetic, competitive, restless and forceful
Good at working alone, quiet, socially reactive
Outgoing, talkative, attention-seeking
Direct and frank, willing to confront others, cold and tough
Friendly, warm, conflict averse
Flexible, open-minded, impulsive
Organised, dependable, inflexible
Practical, not easily bored, uninventive
Imaginative, quick-witted, poor implementers
Hands-on learners, focused on their interests, technology averse
Interested in learning, insightful, intolerant of the less informed
Being attentive, pleasant and courteous to customers
Being able to handle stress, even tempered, calm under fire
Honesty, integrity and positive organisational citizenship
Ability to follow directions, pay attention to detail and communicate clearly
Energy, social skills and the ability to solve problems for customers
Leadership ability, planning and decision-making skills