General mental ability
Matrigma is a classic cognitive ability test built on a modern and secure web platform. Measuring general mental ability, therefore gives insight to a person’s ability to; problem solve, plan ahead and draw logical conclusions. Used to help predict; job performance, job satisfaction, voluntary turnover and training performance as well as counter-productive work behaviours.
Matrigma can be used as a stand-alone measure at the outset of a high-volume recruitment program, or in a complementary role for finalists at the end of the selection process. Matrigma’s non-verbal format makes for seamless integration across languages, and the problem-and-response items are randomised so that two candidates never take the exact same test.
Matrigma was published in 2010 by Assessio International, a Swedish test publishing house and consultancy organisation that has developed psychological tests since 1954. Matrigma is distributed by Hogan Assessment Systems, an internationally-known leader in personality assessment tools for selection, development and leadership.
- Screening and Selection.
- Individual assessment, development, planning and coaching.
- Promotion and succession planning.
- A classic test of cognitive ability on a modern and secure online platform.
- Consists of 35 non verbal matrix items, available in over 20 languages.
- 40 minute time limit.
- Randomised test forms to prevent learning effects.
- Certified by DNV GL.
- Randomised items and response alternatives.
- Differentiate individuals ability to deal with increasingly complex tasks.
- Transcends cultural and educational barriers.
Ability to quickly identify patterns and logical rules
Abstract logical reasoning
Problem solving ability
Dealing with new information and unfamiliar situations
Effectiveness at work