Using personality assessment to identify, develop and retain future leaders.
Hogan's new High Potential Leadership model looks at three key areas their research indicates being important to sustainable success.
Leadership potential is based on certain personal attributes that form the building blocks for career effectiveness. Before people can lead others, they must first demonstrate their ability to contribute to a team and they must establish a personal reputation as dependable and productive.
The report explores 3 key Foundation competency areas:
- Following Process: following rules and respecting convention
- Thinking Broadly: solving a wider range of business-related problems
- Getting Along: being cooperative, pleasant, and rewarding to deal with
Leadership potential depends significantly on the degree to which people are perceived as leaders. People who emerge as leaders are able to create a leader-like impression by standing out, being noticed, and seeming influential.
The report explores 3 key Emergence competency areas:
- Standing Out: making others aware of one’s contributions
- Influencing Others: persuading others to pursue certain desired outcomes
- Building Connections: creating strategic networks and relationships
Leadership potential involves being able to build and maintain high performing teams. Effective leaders attract, retain, and develop talented team members, and then secure resources, remove barriers to success, and achieve strategic business goals.
The report explores 3 key Effectiveness competency areas:
- Leading the Business: achieving critical business outcomes
- Managing Resources: securing, optimising and deploying key assets
- Leading People: motivating others to pursue shared goals
High Potential Talent Report
- Validated assessment of High Potential
- Participant ranking of key strengths relating to leadership competencies
- Provides targeted development tips and focused development planning section
- Ability to identify future potential leaders based on research evidence
- Increases participant self-awareness of natural strengths and areas for development
- Supports leadership potential and prioritises specific areas for development
The report can be used in a number of versatile ways to suit the various approaches organisations may take to support their Leadership Talent pipeline. It is designed to provide comprehensive understanding to the participant of their strengths to build on and risks of overusing particular skills that may work against them in relation to the Foundation, Emergence and Effective Leadership areas outlined above. The report is suitable for one-to-one coaching and inclusion on leadership development programmes.
High Potential Talent Overview
Research and experience indicates how important Leaders are to organisational success - they manage the effect of regularly changing influences on their organisation, everyday workflow and building and supporting talented people around them. Ensuring future leaders are the "right stuff" and developed to their full potential is an increasing imperative for today's organisation. High potential programmes have often suffered from participants who create a leader-like impression on others to "get on the radar" but later derail or disappoint. What's needed is a deeper understanding of Leadership characteristics that deliver success and an accurate means to assess it so the right leaders don't get over looked.
Get High Potential Talent Report Info
Complete this form to receive information on Hogan High Potential.