The Hogan 360° is a comprehensive multi-rater feedback tool designed for leaders
The Hogan 360 is based on the following leadership model:
Refers to personal awareness, self-regulation, stress management, resilience, transparency, and authenticity. It describes the process of managing one’s emotions maturely to achieve the best outcomes. It may require positive self-talk and recovery periods to fuel peak performance in turbulent times and avoid burnout. Successful self-management requires management of yourself and taking care of your brand and reputation.
Refers to the ability to achieve better results through better relationships. It is about getting along with others in order to get ahead. It can involve the ability to build trusting, loyal relationships with stakeholders to support retention and performance. Successful relationship management requires recognition that your own level of performance relies on the performance of your team, which in turn relies on their engagement.
Working in the Business
Refers to having the experience, capability and efficiency to consistently deliver great results. It requires having the energy, passion, and competitive drive to stay in the performance zone. Success in this area can involve smarter prioritisation of work, more delegation, better time management, and more effective goal setting. It is about achieving service and operational excellence in a timely, efficient manner.
Working on the Business
Refers to adding extra value through innovation and strategic planning and building motivated, accountable teams. Success in this area can involve long-term planning to achieve competitive advantage and delivering results through high-performing cultures. Leading change requires spending more time on the business, having a planning cycle, conducting regular planning reviews, and challenging poor performers.
The report uses an easy-to-interpret leadership framework to provide a real-time look at an individual’s attitude, behaviour, and performance. Commonly used for development purposes, the report offers constructive feedback and sets priorities for improvement.
Hogan 360 Report Includes:
- Rater perceptions relating to four key themes of a leadership model (self-management, relationship management, working in the business and working on the business)
- A breakdown of the four leadership themes into specific competency areas important to leader success
- Optionally benchmark candidate scores against thousands of managers that have also completed the Hogan 360 questionnaire
RecommendedThe Hogan 360° is recommended for use in conjunction with other Hogan personality-based solutions, such as Insight or the Leadership Forecast Series.
In the context of leadership and career development, the Hogan 360° has the following applications:
- Career-minded young professionals can learn what they need to get to the next level.
- Organisations can review manager performance and inform succession planning.
- Derailing, transitioning, and developmentally-minded executives can receive candid feedback from colleagues and subordinates, which may otherwise be difficult to obtain.
- Organisations can develop leaders and teams, while identifying talent and high-performing teams.
- Coaching clients can use the report as a measure of improvement by running it as a test-retest measure.
- The report can be used to monitor organisational change.
People often underestimate how much influence their behaviours have on those who work around them. But, leaders at every level of an organisation impact productivity, morale, culture, and the bottom line.
The Hogan 360° Report provides the foundation for meaningful discussion around individual strengths, development opportunities, and challenging yet achievable performance goals. The Hogan 360° Report measures a balanced set of leadership competencies that provide powerful insight into individual leadership styles and help organisations maximise the potential of their employees. The report contents are based on years of data collection and research into what makes a leader successful. When the completion of the Hogan 360° Report is followed up by a constructive well designed 360° feedback process, leaders gain heightened awareness of their strengths and actionable opportunities for improvement.
- A comprehensive report that benchmarks the participant’s self-ratings against those from managers, peers, direct reports, and others, and an international database of participants
- An easy-to-read, clearly designed report with a personal development plan template
- Fifty questions assessing leadership based on the four-quadrant Leadership Model framework and 14 supporting competencies
- Two detailed tables to capture strengths and opportunities
- Open-ended questions with written comments designed to provide qualitative details and context
- Allows respondents to stay anonymous, providing a safe environment for them to evaluate the participant honestly
- Timely reminders to invite raters who have not completed the assessment
- Regular communications about your response rate
Get Hogan 360 Info
Complete this form to receive information on Hogan 360.